Dear Kiddie Karrasel Academy Staff, Parents and Families:
With regard to the current Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak, Kiddie Karrasel Academy is actively monitoring the situation and taking steps to maintain a safe learning environment for our children, families and staff.
At this time, we plan to stay open normal business hours. If this should change, we will notify families asap. We have diligently been stocking up on as many supplies as possible to get through this critical time. However, some challenges we may face that could result in closing the center or being open fewer hours may include: shortage of food, sanitary/safety supplies such as; soap, paper towels, gloves, Kleenex, toilet paper, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, shortage of staff due to sickness of staff and/or their children.
Starting March 16, 2020 as recommended on 3/14/2020 by DHS in response to COVID-19 we will:
1. Implement common-sense practices for preventing disease spread, such as; covering a cough properly, staying home when sick, and washing hands. (These practices are already in place)
2. All parents must bring children into the building, sign in and drop off children at the front door entryway areas. MAKE sure you release your child to a staff member. Do not leave children alone! Limiting adult entry to the facility.
Infant room staff come into the room and drop off by sign in area.
We will be limiting all visitors to the center.
3. All adults/parent/staff need to inform KKA staff/Management of any travel plans to affected areas so that we can access any potential risks. In addition, all families please inform us if you have any sickness in your household.
4. Ensure that employees and children are not admitted to the center when ill. No fever reducing medication will be given at the center, even with a Dr. signed permission. If we suspect a child or individual is ill, they will be sent home and will need to call their primary healthcare provider. Healthcare Practitioners are equipped to screen individuals and to refer for additional testing.
5. All field trips, large group events will be canceled.
6. EXTRA Cleaning and disinfecting (using EPA registered disinfectant) frequently touched surfaces and objects that are in high touch areas will be conducted daily or/and as needed.
7. Deep cleaning practices at the end of the week, and/or over the weekend will be conducted.
8. We will continue to coordinate with local public health officials to stay up to date with this situation.
Resources provided by our Nurse Consultant:
The resources from Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) will be your best bet for providing information to staff and families on the current situation with COVID-19: https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus
Here are a few of the ones that might be most helpful to get started with:
The IDPH fact sheet for the public may be helpful to share also: https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus/Public
Families should also be encouraged to check the IDPH website for up to date info.
IDPH COVID-19 has a public hotline for Iowans with questions about COVID-19.
The line is available 24/7 by calling 2-1-1
Medical Information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
At this critical time, we must work together to keep our children, our families and our staff safe. We appreciate your cooperation and efforts in this matter.
Kiddie Karrasel Academy
328 N Cody/LeClaire, IA 52753